20. Thomas, S.C. Halim, M. A. Gale, N.V., Sujeeun, L. 2018. Biochar enhancement of facilitation effects in agroforestry: early growth and physiological responses in a maize-leucaena model system. Agroforestry Systems. https://doi.org/10.1007/s10457-018-0336-1 .
19. Halim, M.A. & Thomas, S.C. 2018. A proxy-year analysis shows reduced soil temperatures with climate warming in boreal forest. Scientific Reports. DOI: 10.1038/s41598-018-35213-w.
18. Gale, N.V., Halim, M.A., Horsburgh, M., & Thomas, S.C. 2017. Comparative responses of early- successional plants to charcoal soil amendments. Ecosphere 8(10): e01933.
17. Deb, J.C., Salman, M.H.R., Halim, M.A., Chowdhury, M.Q., and Roy, A. 2014. Characterizing the diameter distribution of Sal plantations by comparing Normal, Lognormal, and Weibull distributions at Tilagarh Eco-park, Bangladesh. Southern Forests 76(4): 201-208.
16. Deb, J.C., Halim, M.A., Rahman, H.M.T., Al-Ahmed, R. 2013. Density, diversity, composition, and distribution of street trees in Sylhet metropolitan city of Bangladesh. Arboricultural Journal: The International Journal of Urban Forestry 35(1): 1–14.
15. Deb, J.C., Halim, M.A., and Ahmed, M.E. 2012. An allometric equation for estimating stem biomass of Acacia auriculiformis in the northwestern region of Bangladesh. Southern Forests 74(2): 103–113.
14. Sarker, S.K., Deb, J.C. and Halim, M.A. 2011. A diagnosis of existing logging bans in Bangladesh. International Forestry Review 13(4): 461-475.
13. Chowdhury, M.S.H., Rahman, M.M., Koike, M., Muhammed, N., Salahuddin, K.M., Halim, M.A., Saha, N., Rana, M.P., Islam, M.J. 2010. Small-scale mehedi (Lawsonia inermis L.) farming in the central Bangladesh: A promising NTFP-based rural livelihood outside the forests. Small-scale Forestry 9: 93-105.
12. Chowdhury, M.S.H., Koike, M., Muhmammed, N., Halim, M.A., Saha, N., Kobayashi, H. 2009. Use of plants in healthcare: a traditional ethno-medicinal practice in rural areas of southeastern Bangladesh. International Journal of Biodiversity Science & Management 5(1): 41-51.
11. Chowdhury, M.S.H., Halim, M.A., Muhammed, N., Koike, M., and Biswas, S. 2009. Indigenous knowledge in natural resource management by the hill people: A case of the Mro tribe in Bangladesh. Forests, Trees and Livelihoods 19: 129-151.
10. Halim, M.A., Shahid, A., Chowdhury, M.S.H., Sohel, M.S.I., Nahar, M.N., Jhangir, N.M. 2008. Evaluation of landuse pattern change in West Bhanugach Reserve Forest, Bangladesh, using Remote Sensing and GIS Techniques. Journal of Forestry Research 19(3): 193-198.
9. Halim, M.A., Chowdhury, M.S.H., Muhammed, N., Rahman, M., and Koike, M. 2008. Sap Production from Khejur Palm (Phoenix sylvestris Roxb) Husbandry: A Substantial Means of Seasonal Livelihood in Rural Bangladesh. Forest, Trees and Livelihoods 17: 305-318.
8. Chowdhury, M.S.H., Halim, M. A., Muhammed, N., Haque, F., and Koike, M. 2008. Traditional utilization of wild date palm (Phoenix sylvestris Roxb) in rural Bangladesh: An approach to sustainable biodiversity management. Journal of Forestry Research 19(3): 245-251.
7. Akhter, S., Halim, M.A., Sohel, M.S.I., Sarker, S.K., Chowdhury, M.S.H., and Sonet, S.S. 2008. A review on the use of non-timber forest products in beauty- care in Bangladesh. Journal of Forestry Research 19(1):72-78.
6. Ahmed, R., Hasan, M.S., Halim, M.A., Alam, M. 2008. State of urban nurseries in Bangladesh: A case study from the north-eastern region. Small-scale Forestry 3(4): 275-283.
5. Halim, M.A., Chowdhury, M.S.H., Wadud, A.I., Uddin, M.S., Sarker, S.K., and Uddin, M.B. 2007. The use of plants in traditional health care practice of the Shaiji community in southwestern Bangladesh. Journal of Tropical Forest Science 19(3): 168– 175.
4. Ahmed, R., Islam, A.N.M.F., Rahman, M., and Halim, M.A. 2007. Management and Economic Value of Schumannianthus dichotoma (Murta) on Rural Homesteads in the Sylhet Region of Bangladesh. International Journal of Biodiversity Science and Management 3(4): 252-258.
3. Chowdhury, M.S.H., Halim, M.A., Miah, M.D., Muhammed N., and Koike, M. 2007. Biodiversity use through harvesting faunal resources from forests by the Mro tribe in the Chittagong Hill Tracts, Bangladesh. International Journal of Biodiversity Science and Management 3: 1–7.
2. Chowdhury, M.S.H., Halim, M.A., Biswas, S., Haque, S.M.S., Muhammed, N., Koike, M. 2007. Comparative evaluation of physical properties in soils of orange orchard and bushy forest in Chittagong hill tracts, Bangladesh. Journal of Forestry Research 18(3): 245-248.
1. Chowdhury, M.S.H., Biswas, S., Halim, M.A., and Haque, S. M.S. 2007. Comparative analysis of some selected macronutrients of soil in orange orchard and degraded forests in Chittagong Hill Tracts, Bangladesh. Journal of Forestry Research 18(1): 27-30.
7. Halim, M.A. & Thomas, S.C. 2017. Surface albedo in relation to disturbance and early stand dynamics in the boreal forest: Implications for climate models. Poster presented at The American Geophysical Union Fall Meeting, New Orleans, USA, 11-15 December, 2017.
6. Gale, N., Halim, M.A., Thomas, S.C. 2017. Biochar and Ecosystem Restoration: Plant Ecophysiological Responses. Poster presented at The American Geophysical Union Fall Meeting, New Orleans, USA, 11-15 December, 2017.
5. Gale, N., Halim, M.A., Thomas, S. C. 2015. Charcoal soil amendments increase growth, physiological, and reproductive performance in early successional temperate pioneers. Contributed Talk (COS 90-6), 100th meeting of Ecological Society of America, Baltimore, USA, August 9-14, 2015.
4. Halim, M. A., Bieser, J., Thomas, S.C. 2014. Influences of land-use change on radiative forcing in city of Toronto during 2001-2011. Poster presented at The 2nd Annual Ontario Climate Consortium Symposium, London, ON, Canada, May 14, 2014.
3. Gale, N., Halim, M. A., Thomas, S. C. 2014. Restoring (urban) landscapes with pyrogenic carbon. Poster presented at The 2nd Annual Ontario Climate Consortium Symposium, London, ON, Canada, May 14, 2014.
2. Halim, M. A., Thomas, S.C. 2014. Quantitative tools for modelling coarse woody debris dynamics. Poster presented at the UseR 2014 Conference at University of California, LA, USA, July 1-3, 2014.
1. Halim, M.A., Deb, J.C. Sarker, S.K. and Chowdhury, M.Q. 2011. Allometric model for estimating stem biomass of Karach (Pongamia pinnata) in Ratargul Freshwater Swamp Forest, Bangladesh. Paper presented at the First Bangladesh Forestry Congress, Bangladesh Forest Department, Ministry of Environment and Forest, Dhaka, Bangladesh. (Proceedings: 61-62p).